Striving To Serve
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Attorney
Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 make up two of the main bankruptcy options available to individuals and small businesses that are seeking debt resolution. Whether you are filing Chapter 7 or Chapter 13, we have the knowledge and staff ready and eager to serve your needs. Do not let debt take over your life, take control of your debt. Grant-Jones Legal, LLC is here to fight for you.
You can be debt-free in 4 months with a Chapter 7 bankruptcy
Chapter 7 bankruptcy is the quickest way for you to gain relief from your debts and begin the process of rebuilding your credit.
For many people who have been struggling with debt for a long time – often for years – it can come as a shock that complete relief from debt can come in such a short period of time. From the time bankruptcy is filed until the process is complete takes, in most cases, just four months.
- From the time you file, creditors will know they can no longer contact you. If they do, tell them to call your lawyer. No more creditor phone calls.
- Wage garnishments,foreclosures and repossessions are stopped when bankruptcy is filed.
- In many cases you are able to file Chapter 7 and keep your house and your car. When the bankruptcy is final, you can continue to pay on and keep your home and car in most cases.
- Without the burden of unsecured debt – medical bills, credit card bills and other debt – within four months you will have the opportunity for a fresh financial start.
You can reorganize your debts and be debt-free in 3-5 years in Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
The struggle to make minimum payments on and notices will stop. Refer all creditors to your attorney.
- Filing bankruptcy stops all financial actions against you –foreclosures, repossessions and garnishments will all stop while you and your attorney reorganize your debts and work out a payment plan.
- You will have an opportunity to cure defaults (past due amounts) on your mortgage and car payments.
- Debts to unsecured creditors (credit cards, medical bills and others) can be reorganized so that you owe less than you do now and have a specific time to pay.
- As soon as you file for bankruptcy, you can begin to the rebuild your credit.
We want you to understand that bankruptcy can actually help you in many different ways. It does not impact your life as negatively as it may appear. In fact, there is often more to gain from filing bankruptcy than from continuing down the same financial path.
Whether you are a personal or a small business filer, Alabama bankruptcy lawyer Jacquelyn Grant Jones can help you better understand the bankruptcy process and the benefits of taking action today.
If you would like to discuss your financial situation with an understanding attorney, contact us today at 205-332-1371.